- Name an album where in your opinion the tracks are perfectly sequenced – any artist, any style
- Which edition of Renaissance is now active and with what personnel?
Annie Haslam – Lead vocals
Rave Tesar – Keyboards
Mark Lambert – Guitars
Leo Traversa – Bass Guitar
Tom Brislin – Keyboard
Frank Pagano – Drums and Percussion
- I remember our pal Jim McCarty and the late Keith Relf starting things off…
- The third track on an album is often a gem – can you think of any? (artist / title / source album) – as many as you like!!!
- How do you look after your voice? Any tips for aspiring singers heading for the stage?
- Suggest a song by any artist that makes you think of the countryside …please add any reasons as to why this might be…
- Is there a Renaissance album that perfectly sums up a particular stage of your own life, in the lyrics &/or overall sound
- A recording that makes you laugh ….intentionally or otherwise! (artist/track/source album)
Sing As We Go – Grace Fields
Reminds me of my childhood and the old black and films
The Laughing Policeman – Charles Jolley
I like to laugh and this would always work for me
- An acoustic gem? What song/tune and who by? What’s the appeal?
- Name an actor or actress who made a listenable song recording – and what’s the appeal
Richard Harris – MacArthur Park written by Jimmy Webb. I just find this so romantic and I love Richard Harris’s voice…period!
- Where are you planning to perform next in the UK/Europe?
- Which artist did you go to see perform with low expectations but ended up impressed? Where and when was this?
- Where in the world in your opinion is live music best received? What venues appeal?
I would say the USA… Renaissance played 3 nights at Carnegie Hall in 1975.
- Has a radio DJ anywhere (and any era) ever impressed you and if so why?
- Can you dance? Do you dance? How do your family rate your dancing?
- Name a recording (an album maybe) that really ‘grew’ on you and has ended up as essential listening? What is it about this recording that you value?
- Your favourite song or instrumental (any genre) with the title including the word 1/ ‘Why’, 2/ ‘Who’ and ‘When’ ?
- Suggest a song that reminds you of your childhood – and why might this be?
If I Loved You – written by Rogers and Hammerstein
My father was an amateur comedian singer and this was one of the songs he sang, that he would rehearse in our home.
- What have you ever worn on stage that makes you laugh now?
Red Silky mini dress with silver shoes and false eyelashes!
- Did you enjoy school? Whether you did or not, which song reminds you of schooldays ( artist / title / source album)?
Part of my schooldays I loved but some not so much. In Bolton growing I was plagued by a school bully until we moved to Cornwall then my life was saved and I loved my new school in Fowey it was great. But the best times were at the Art school I went to after that, in Redruth, Cornwall.
I would go to stay with friends in St Ives and go to beach parties and remember walking through the streets with Beachboys songs filling the air.
My faves were God Only Knows (Pet Sounds) and California Girls (Summer Dreams)!!!
Renaissance will be performing the final date of their UK tour at O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, United Kingdom on Tuesday 26th April 2016. This is a venue change from O2 Shepherds Bush Empire but all original tickets remain valid. For tickets and more information visit their official website here: http://bit.ly/1WkNGaX
(Article Image credited to Brian Tirpak. Thanks Sacha, Alex and of course, Annie)