Amy Studt – 20 Questions
Singer/Songwriter Amy Studt has returned with a brand new album and scheduled tour dates for 2016. we caught up with her to discuss her new sounds and key influences on the new release.
- The radio is playing…what song would you cross the room to turn UP and what song would you cross the room to turn OFF?
- The third track on an album is often a gem – can you think of any? ( artist / title / source album ) – as many as you like!!!
*Laura Marling/Rambling Man/I Speak Because I Can
*Lyla Foy/Impossible/Mirrors The Sky
*Cat Power/Good Woman/You Are Free
*Fiona Apple/Limp/When the pawn hits the…
*Mazzy Star/Mary Of Silence/So Tonight That I Might See
*Regina Spektor/Ode To Devorce (Live In London)/Live In London
*Stina Nordenstam/Another Story Girl/Memories Of A Color
- Name a song or instrumental that fades too early, for you (artist/title )
- Suggest a song by any artist that makes you think of the coast / seaside….please add any reasons as to why this might be…
- A great recording – by any artist -including in the title 1/ Black 2/ White 3/ Blue (artist / title / source album for each please) and explain why chosen
- Back To Black/Amy Winehouse/Back To Black
- Doesn’t matter if you’re black or white/Michael Jackson/Dangerous
- Blue Moon/Billie Holiday/Billie Holiday Sings
- A recording – any artist – that makes you laugh ….intentionally or otherwise! (artist / track / source album)
- Could you tell us about your song The Lucky Ones? It’s on one edition of My Paper Made Men album.
- David Bowie and Grace Jones record a duet – what song do they sing and who backs them?
- Chasing the Light had a frantic drum coda live. Do you still perform that number?
- Is there a song that both you and your Mum or Dad really like? Or liked?
I grew up listening to my parents records. Songs like The big bopper’s Chantilly Lace and What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong amongst others. They smell of my childhood to me.
- Name an actor or actress who made a listenable song recording – and what’s the appeal?
- Where are you planning to tour next?
- Which of your own recordings show you at your most a/ aggressive b/ relaxed c/ confused?
- Chasing The Light – off My Paper Made Men album.
- Troubles Coming In – off my new record
- Overdose – off my new record
- Which artist did you go to see perform with low expectations but ended up impressed? Where and when was this?
- Two tickets suddenly arrive for a live performance, they are for someone you have always wanted to see…….which act or artist and which numbers will be hoping to hear?
- Has a radio DJ anywhere (and any era) ever impressed you and if so why?
- Can you dance? Do you dance? How do your family and friends rate your dancing?
- Name a recording (an album maybe) that really ‘grew’ on you and has ended up as essential listening? What is it about this recording that you value?
- Suggest a song that reminds you of your childhood – and why might this be?
- What have you worn that makes you laugh now?
- Is there a book or novel that you would like to create songs or the score for? Why is this?
- Did you enjoy school? Whether you did or not, which song reminds you of schooldays ( artist / title / source album)?